It is with great honor and excitement that we would like to share the names of this year’s recipients for Law Day IV. Check out our honorees below, then scroll down to register to attend our event on October 12, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact Phil Wilder at 510.435.1252.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Doug Uchikura ’71 – Chevron Deputy General Director, Onshore Europe, Retired
- Greg Stewart ’73 – Police Chief, Union City, Retired
- Angela C. Backers ’76 – Senior Deputy District Attorney, Alameda County, Retired
Excellence in Teaching and Coaching
- Peter Borruso ’03 – Public Defender, Yolo County
Amicus Curiae Award
- Fe (Villamonte)’78 (In Memoriam), Elco Maravilla, Emerald Maravilla ’05, Erin Maravilla ’07, and Elizar Maravilla
This special event will be held on Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 5 p.m. in the Ivaldi Center. In 2018 we moved Law Day from the afternoon to the evening so that we could enjoy a sit down dinner with the presentations by members of the mock trial team and honor and hear the recipients of the Law Day Awards. In order to ensure that we can continue to host this awesome event, we will be selling individual tickets and table sponsorships (see below). We hope you can join us on this evening as we honor and applaud the great accomplishments and contributions by these Mariners of today and yesterday!